[mythtv-users] Re: LCD Update

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Wed Jul 23 11:21:26 EDT 2003

At 09:01 7/23/2003, you wrote:
>hows this coming along with support for external LED's on the LCD?

I wasn't aware that anybody else was interested!

I have cobbled together some changes that does display on the LEDs, the
recording status of each of the capture cards. The problem is, however,
that the current setup of the LCD is done in the frontend code. This is a
class that creates all the screens to be displayed on the LCD. In order to
display the capture card status, it is needed to access the LEDs (and thus
the LCD) from the backend code. Instantiating the LCD class in the backend
code re-creates all the LCD screens, and thus it appears they are somewhat
garbled. I haven't taken the time to work out these details, but the LEDs
are working.

I suppose I could generate a diff file, if you wanted it, but it probably
isn't ready for "prime-time" inclusion yet. Isaac made a vague reference to
maybe working on this some time ago, but I didn't feel like bugging him,
since I thought I was the only one interested.

sjf

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation
Phone: (760) 747-5632