[mythtv-users] DCT2000

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Tue Jul 22 10:11:24 EDT 2003

All,

I was chekcing the archives regarding this cable box and decided to
buy one for now. My question is regarding the serial port on the box.
In the manual it mentions that its some high speed data connector (or
something to that effect), but it looks like people are connecting
this link to their computers to do channel changing etc on the cable
box. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also ... if that is how people are managing channel changes, how do
you populate the database for channels? The way I understand it there
is only one *channel* on the out from the cable box so wont a discover
just populate one entry rather then the full list of channels.

Sorry if this sounds like other posts, I just haven't reached the
point of enlightenment yet ;)

Thanks in advance,
Lonny