[mythtv-users] DCT2000

Shawn core at enodev.com
Tue Jul 22 11:28:03 EDT 2003

In short, your guide data is independent on the input. You will, inside
MythTV
1. choose a v4l (or v4l2(?) like the WinTV PVR 250)
2. define program guide data configurations, selecting your region by
zip code and provider
3. associate the guide data config with an input source on the v4l or
v4l2 card
4. run mythfilldatabase, and it will pull guide data from the internet

Depending on how you set it up, MythTV can use the internal tuner to
change channels, or it can execute an external command to change
channels ala IR blaster, or other hack.

Some of this may be incorrect, so anyone feel free to correct me, but I
think I have it.