[mythtv-users] converting NUV to AVI or something I can use on my Mac

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 07:53:39 EDT 2003

I've got Mythtv setup and running.  I used the manual
capure fauture to caputer a 10 minute home movie clip.
   I can play it back in myth - no problems.

I wanted to conver that to something I could edit on
my Mac (iMovie -> iDVD).  I've...
 ~ read HOWTO 19.1
 ~ patched mplayer
 ~ messed around with mencoder (two pass)
 ~ fixed mythencode.pl and tried it
 ~ tried mkmovie (mythmkmovie)

A lot of the times I get an "AVI" file and no errors
but I can't play them with quicktime or import them
into iMovie.  Any suggestions would be great.

Not sure if this is needed but here is some
background: capturing with Wonder VE, setting to
MPEG4, NTSC and very close to the default settings for
video and audio.

TIA,
josh