[mythtv-users] MythTV shopping list (overscan on gf2 MX)

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 07:54:24 EDT 2003

I use nvtv
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/) to get
overscan with
my gforece2 MX400.  I couldn't get it to compile
(configure couldn't find my
gtk even though it's there), so I found an rpm of
0.4.3 for my Mandrake
system.  It seems to work best with nvidia's drivers
rather than the nv
driver.  Haven't yet ironed out the details of having
things right at
startup and still need to run nvtv manually.

None of the nvtv options gave correct overscan on my
tv, so I set nvtv for a
big overscan and set the myth GUI size/offsets to get
it just right.

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be
privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to
the sender indicating
this error and delete the transmission from your
system immediately.