[mythtv-users] Boot up screen for kernel?

Adam McNeeney adam at meliorist.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 09:15:54 EDT 2003

> Does any one know of a working bootup screen for the kernel so a mythtv
> box looks more "professional/commercial" while linux is booting?  I saw
> one mentioned a few months ago but it doesn't seem to be supported by
> its developers any more.  It would really look cool if a mythtv bootup
> screen was displayed as soon as the kernel started to load and hide all
> of the kernel messages.
>
> The one I tried before was The Linux Progress Patch (its on
> sourceforge.net).  I doesn't look like it been updated for over a year.
>  Does any one have this running under 2.4.21?

I've got lpp running under 2.4.21 -- I had to apply the patch for
2.4.20, which I got from the debian package kernel-patch-lpp but I
assume its also available elsewhere.  It patched fine and worked as soon
as I'd changed the vga= line in my lilo.conf.  Only problem I have now
is that my GeForce card TV-out starts in NTSC mode and I have a PAL TV,
but never mind.

--
Adam
adam at meliorist.co.uk