[mythtv-users] Changing hostname breaks mythtv?

Shawn Jackson shawn_junk at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:57:47 EDT 2003

I had to change the hostname of my box when I put it on my network (so I
could transfer files and encode to xvid for archival purposes) and when I
changed the hostname from localhost to mythbox I found that I could no
longer use mythtv.

In the front end if i go tv > live tv > it just quits to the desktop.  If i
set the hostname back to localhost.localdomain everything works ok, but then
I can't network.

Anyone have a suggestion for poor old shawn?