[mythtv-users] Boot up screen for kernel?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sun Jul 20 18:36:14 EDT 2003

Does any one know of a working bootup screen for the kernel so a mythtv
box looks more "professional/commercial" while linux is booting?  I saw
one mentioned a few months ago but it doesn't seem to be supported by
its developers any more.  It would really look cool if a mythtv bootup
screen was displayed as soon as the kernel started to load and hide all
of the kernel messages.

The one I tried before was The Linux Progress Patch (its on
sourceforge.net).  I doesn't look like it been updated for over a year.
  Does any one have this running under 2.4.21?