[mythtv-users] recording channel from s-video

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sat Jul 19 11:22:43 EDT 2003

> On Friday 18 July 2003 07:15 am, Jeff Waters wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a wired thing happen last night. My daughter was on my pc
watching
> > some discovery kids show on xawtv which I can't tune in on mythtv
due to
> > it's a digital channel. So I tell xawtv to use s-video as the input
and
> > get picture and sound no problem.
> >
> > However when I turned off xawtv last night and went to bed I started
up
> > mythtv as normal and this morning when I got up every show I had
> > recorded was from s-video? So instead of recording zoids off cartoon
> > network the actual program was some kiddy show from discovery kids.
> >
> > Now I've no idea how it did that, so I was thinking that maybe there
is
> > a way to tell myth to record a show using the s-video input instead
of
> > tuning to a channel. That would be cool.
> >
> > Basically if I can edit some file to say s-video instead of
television
> > as the input would be awesome, however I searched through the
> > mythconverg database and did not see this as an option.
>
> So you missed the entire 4th section of the setup program?  All you
need
> to do
> is assign a set of channels to the svideo input and set up an ir
blaster
> change channels on the cable box.
>
> Isaac

All I can say is wow!

I don't want to sound mean or anything... but how does one get a fully
functional myth box without doing any reading.  I tried to get up and
running, had some difficulties, and decided it'd be better just to
monitor the mailing list for a month or two before I put any serious
effort into the project (keeps me from asking newb questions).

I just can believe that anyone with a fully functional myth system, and
a mailing list member, would have no clue of that functionality... I
guess it's kudo's to you Isaac, myth has become so easy to set up you
don't even need to read the docs anymore!