[mythtv-users] Feature Idea - Archive TV Movies

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri Jul 18 10:10:06 EDT 2003

I am really enjoy my MythTV machine and recently had an idea for a feature
I wanted to put forward.

I recorded to movies the other day, Four Weddings and a Funeral and The
Mask of Zorro.  I'm running a PVR 250 at an encoding rate that seems to
balance quality and file size reasonably well (~2GB/hour).  However the two
movies represent about 10GB of disk space.  I was thinking how convenient
it would be to be able to select large movies from the playback list and
have them encoded to a lower bit rate file format, and automatically moved
over to the MythVideo directory.  IE Click on it, select "Transfer to VIdeo
Library" and has it encode it in a more compressed format, remove it from
the TV listings, and add it in to the MythVideo library.

As before, I'd love to submit a patch for this, but I'm not a programmer,
just a very satisfied user.

Any thoughts on this?

-Jeff