[mythtv-users] btaudio analog but no digital

Tom Panning tpanning at vt.edu
Fri Jul 18 21:31:49 EDT 2003

I've loaded btaudio and I have everything working with mythtv (recording and
playback work), except certain channels have really weird sound. They all
sound like they've been run through a really bad synthesizer or something. I
think it's because I'm using btaudio's analog dsp (/dev/dsp3 on my machine).
I've tried using the digital dsp (which it seems a lot of people on the list
use), but nothing comes out of it. In fact, when I just run 'cat /dev/dsp2'
nothing happens, but if I do the samething with dsp3 I get constant output.
I've double-checked, and I definitely have read and write access to both
/dev/dsp2 and /dev/dsp3. Here's btaudio's messages:

btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:0b.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 00:0b.0
btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0b.1, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xda00600
0
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: registered device dsp2 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp3 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer1

So can anyone tell me how I can get btaudio to do digital out?
Thanks,
Tom Panning

If you need any information that I haven't provided here, let me know.