[mythtv-users] IR Blaster source (WAS: I guess I don't understand...)

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Fri Jul 18 14:58:03 EDT 2003

At 01:40 PM 7/18/2003 -0700, Joshua Santelli wrote:
>[...]
>I've found this for $25 (includes some other cables
>for some reqason):
>   http://store.snapstream.com/irblcapa.html
>
>This looks like it's the Actisys IR200L.  I was also
>under the impression that there has been issues with
>getting this IR Blaster workinbg with some cable
>boxes.

There have been, as you say, "issues". That's because while it "looks like
it's the Actisys IR200L", it is *really* the Actisys 220L, a VERY different
device. If *anyone* (other than Snapstream) knows how to use this device
(the 220L) as an IR Blaster, he or she hasn't seen fit to share the
information in anyplace that a Google search locates.

I've seen a couple of "it works for me" messages, but no substantive
explanations (not even responses when I post a folloowup), so I suspect the
people who say they have the 220L working have the 200L and the 220L mixed
up and really have 200Ls.