[mythtv-users] I guess I don't understand...

Matt matt at solecize.com
Fri Jul 18 16:16:24 EDT 2003

People want to do serial because it does not require the lirc overhead,
and a direct wired connection should be more robust than IR.

There are many reasons that a person might want to do a homebrew.  I
know a few.  I think the lirc_serial module is currently the only module
that supports different modulation frequencies (which I need for my
cable box).  With my homebrew I can have multiple transmitter diodes
located in different locations away from the receiver.  Also, I think
that not all mobo's support SIR.

Matt