[mythtv-users] Any Mythtv & Shuttle SV24 users out there?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 08:13:53 EDT 2003

Hi everyone. My first post :-)

I'm been trying to install Mythtv on my shuttle SV24
with PVR-250 running Red Hat 9.0 for almost 4 weeks
now. First two were VERY intensive (waking up, work on
mythtv, go to work and think of mythtv install, go
home work on mythtv, etc.) At one point I got very,
very close. I also ordered the serial cable to connect
my SV24 to my DirecTV system.

Are there any SV24 users out there that can give me a
few tips?

For example, ALSA, do I even need to install it? Also,
I have the black remote for the PVR-250, does that
mean I still need to configure LIRC after install or
will it work right out of the box? Are there any SV24
issues I need to look out for? I've blocked this
weekend to get a Mythtv box running. Can't wait.

Thanks everyone!