[mythtv-users] recording channel from s-video

Jeff Waters jeffwaters at wowway.com
Fri Jul 18 08:15:58 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I had a wired thing happen last night. My daughter was on my pc watching
some discovery kids show on xawtv which I can't tune in on mythtv due to
it's a digital channel. So I tell xawtv to use s-video as the input and
get picture and sound no problem.

However when I turned off xawtv last night and went to bed I started up
mythtv as normal and this morning when I got up every show I had
recorded was from s-video? So instead of recording zoids off cartoon
network the actual program was some kiddy show from discovery kids.

Now I've no idea how it did that, so I was thinking that maybe there is
a way to tell myth to record a show using the s-video input instead of
tuning to a channel. That would be cool.

Basically if I can edit some file to say s-video instead of television
as the input would be awesome, however I searched through the
mythconverg database and did not see this as an option.

Thanks,
Jeff