[mythtv-users] MythTV, minor sound issue, major video issue

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Thu Jul 17 18:05:36 EDT 2003

I'm running MythTV from CVS with a PVR 250 card and on an nForce2 motherboard
(Shuttle SN45G with nForce2 sound and net) and have noticed a couple of
issues. I've been waiting a week to see if these were solved by upgrading
from the live CVS tree, but so far no sigar.

1. Sound issue

When MythTV starts up and I go in and watch live tv, sound is not enabled.
Simply switching channel seems to activate sound, but I would guess it should
be on by default. The only clue I have found about sound from the backend is

WARNING:  Capture device /dev/dsp is not reporting full duplex capability

Does not sound too serious, and as said I have no problem with sound after
switching channel.

2. Video issue

Watching live tv works great, even pause/unpause livetv. However, all
recordings that have been scheduled from the program guide seems to be blank
(includig no sound). When I try to play recordings, the screen briefly
flashes blue and then shows all black. I've tried various recordings on
various channels but they all fail. I have no problem watching live tv - only
the recordings fail. I have found no indications in the output from the
backend that it is having problems recording, and apart from the missing
sound and video, it actually stores a recording (all black, no sound).

Any hints would be appreciated.

Marius K.