[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder VE Users

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jul 15 11:11:14 EDT 2003

At 10:41 AM 7/15/2003 -0600, Rob Snow wrote:
>I was hoping this might fix my problem with my VE card.  Since I brought
>my VE
>equipped card back from my business apartment to my home I've been
>gettting some
>weird interference.  A TV attached to the same cable comes in clearly and
>changing
>cables doesn't seem to help.  I've even checked for a proper ground on the
>CATV
>and tried different cable outlets in the house...same output, all TV's are
>clear.

"weird interference" isn't much to go on. Could you post a more descriptive
follow-up of the problem?

Also the setup. For example:

Is this the same PC you used at your "business apartment", or the VE card
in a different PC? (Might the "weird interference" be an RF problem
*inside* the PC?)

Do the "business apartment" and your home have the same cable service (or
might you be using the wrong frequency settings)?

You mention multiple cable outlets. In my experience, PC's with vidcap
cards are most sensitive to signal degradation than TVs. How much are you
splitting the initial signal? Does the problem go away if you connect the
VE-equipped PC to an unsplit cable feed?

Might there be a problem with the electrical (AC, not cable) grounding of
the PC? Is your house ground good?

These are all pretty shot-in-the-dark guesses. A better description of the
"weird interference" will problably allow for more targeted suggestions,
from me or someone else.