[mythtv-users] Re: Almost there: saa7134 & MythTV

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 15 17:48:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:13:21PM -0300, Etienne Beaule wrote:
> The one thing that I've had absolutely no success is sound... I'm using
> the onboard audio controller on the ASUS A7V8X. I found some info on
> the web (mostly other people reporting that it was not working). Any
> pointer on that one wound be very appreciated as well.

Maybe
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08047.html
helps?

> For those who have a similar setup (and live in Canada), I had to set
> tuner type to 39 for things to work with xawtv (#2 did not work at
> all). I also have to use "grabdisplay" instead of "overlay" to have a
> clear picture. Other stuff I had to do to make thing works:
> - Install atrpms
> - Install their kernel package (which has v4l2 compiled in)
> - compile and install saa7134 drivers
> - install MythTV (via apt-get) and all dependencies

There are also alsa and saa7134 rpms at atrpms.

http://atrpms.nirvana/dist/rh9/alsa/
http://atrpms.nirvana/dist/rh9/saa7134/

You may need to pick the one matching your kernel, if you have more
than one installed, e.g.
apt-get install saa7134 saa7134-kmdl-smp-2.4.20-18.9.2atrpms
If there is only one kernel rpm installed
apt-get install saa7134
should pick the right kmdl rpm.

I'd really like to know whether saa7134 works. I have it in the
bleeding section for quite some time due to lack of testers. :)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de