[mythtv-users] trying to use 2 inputs on same card (not simultaneously :-)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jul 14 19:13:44 EDT 2003

Dave Alden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 06:47:55PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>I simply plug the audio from the cablebox into the line in of
>>the capture card. When I switch from the Television input to
>>the S-Video input, the capture card passes it's line-in audio
>>thru to the line out patch cable to the audio card. The capture
>>card knows that logically, the coax audio comes from the coax and
>>the composite or s-video audio must come from its line-in. This
>>works for me but mdz says his card sometimes has problems switching.
>

> That would be great if my capture card had a line in.  :-(  Can you (or
> anyone else) tell me which capture card you're using that has a line in?

Like Ray and JAC, I assumed that any card with composite or
s-video inputs must have an audio in. Seems to me you've been
ripped off. Anyway, here are some cards that I have in my
possesion that have audio in. I don't have any cards without
an audio in.

Hauppauge WinTV Model 401 (rev 2. The old packaging)
Hauppauge WinTV-GO-FM model 191
Hauppauge WinTVPVR-250
AVerTV Desktop TV PVR

--  bjm