[mythtv-users] trying to use 2 inputs on same card (not simultaneously :-)

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Mon Jul 14 13:17:11 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 02:47, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Dave Alden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I'd like to do the following:
> >
> > Tuner card "Television" input -- "raw" cable (analog channels 2-70)
> >            "Composite 1" input -- from cablebox ("digital" channels 2-999)
>  >
> > Audio Card 1 (/dev/dsp1) - jumper cable from tuner card (for analog channels)
> >
> > Audio Card 0 (/dev/dsp0) - audio from cablebox (for "digital" channels)
> >
> > I've got this setup, and it works pretty well, but I'm having 2 problems:
> >
> > 1)  I don't see anyway to tell myth to use different audio for the 2
> >     inputs on the same card -- is this possible?
>
> I simply plug the audio from the cablebox into the line in of
> the capture card. When I switch from the Television input to
> the S-Video input, the capture card passes it's line-in audio
> thru to the line out patch cable to the audio card. The capture
> card knows that logically, the coax audio comes from the coax and
> the composite or s-video audio must come from its line-in. This
> works for me but mdz says his card sometimes has problems switching.

I have a similar setup to Dave apart from having 2 tuners.  Neither of
the tuners cards I have, have a line in.  Therefore for me, Dave and
others it is imperative that there is an ability to specify different
audio devices for different card inputs.

I asked Isaac on irc the other day, whether a patch that did that would
be acceptable.  He said no.  So I did not write one.

Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>