[mythtv-users] mysql 'autoexpire' column

Kenneth Dechick cadstar at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 14 21:31:33 EDT 2003

Running the latest CVS versions of everything as of today 7/14. Have been
happily running since v0.7 with no problems, upgrading accordingly never had
any real problems. Now suddenly I am getting this error whenever I attempt
to record any TV:

# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Record scheduled on channel 1002 - Channel 2 WCNY at 2003/07/14 20:08 to
20:14
DB Error (simpledbstorage update):
Query was:
UPDATE record SET recordid = 46, autoexpire = "0" WHERE recordid = 46;
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Unknown column 'autoexpire' in 'field list'

I have checked through both the latest CVS (and the official 0.10 release)
versions of both mc.sql and 0.9-to-0.10.sql and I can find no mention of
creating an 'autoexpire' column. It would seem to me that it should be
there. I upgraded to 0.10 when it first came out and had no problems like
this, it just started about 3 days ago when I jumped up to that day's CVS.

I have dug through all the mail list archives but can find no mention of
anyone else having this problem. I'm still new to mysql and am currently
stumped. Is there a way I can completely wipe the mysql database and start
over? Any ideas on this would be helpful. Mythtv does actually record the
programs I schedule but they don't show up as availible for playback due to
the fact that the sql database isn't being updated with the info for them.

I have also noted that the 0.9-to-0.10.sql file in the latest CVS has an
incorrect 'DBSchemaVer' setting. Shows 1000 but mc.sql shows 1002. Trying to
run with the database updated using the update file causes mythbackend
startup to fail with an error about incorrect DBSchemaVer. I just edited the
file and that solved that problem.

Given the above info does anyone have any idea why I seem to be the only one
without an 'autoexpire' column in their myth database?? Anyone else run into
the DBSchemaVer issue?? Thank you in advance.