[mythtv-users] Add a webcam streams as another tv channel

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 14 18:54:07 EDT 2003

At 03:12 PM 7/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:09:22PM +0000, Brian Johnson wrote:
> > I was wondering if it would be possible to add a video stream from a
> webcam as a
> > feed through my linux box to my tv (likely as an extra channel) usind a
> mythtv or
> > freevo setup
> >
> > So that when I'm watching tv in the basement and the doorbell rings, I
> can switch
> > channels to my webcam channel and so who it is!!
>

>That is not a bad idea at all. I may toy around with this...

Hi Calvin...

If you like that idea, what would you think about the ability to add
www.shoutcast.com stations as channels, thus creating the "digital music
channel" experience, common on most digital cable setups?  The ability to
select different stations and add them to the channel lineup would be a big
benefit for us music lovers.  I wish I had the programming skills but alas
I'm only an idea guy...

-Jeff