[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jul 14 10:23:29 EDT 2003

> mythtranscode dumps out a new .nuv of the same name except it has .tmp
> added on the end (if i was reading the output of mythmkmovie correctly)
> and that .nuv is in whatever format or codec you specify with the -p
> profile option... i am assuming the 'Transcode' profile is the default.

yeah, I gathered that.  But when using the cutlist, does it re-encode,
or just copy the stream, leaving out the cut-out bits?

If this is the case, then yes, I'm more than happy to use the
mythtranscode to apply my cutlist changes (heck, I'd do it long before I
encoded to svcd just to save space on the things that need to stay live
on the box).

However, if it re-encodes things, there's no point in doing this.  every
time you re-encode stuff, you lose quality.  and the quality is already
poor enough.

-Chris