[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Mon Jul 14 03:44:04 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:

>>the 'mythtranscode' program is not what your looking for?
>>i believe you initialize it like this:
>>mythtranscode -l -k -p Transcode-Archival -s 2003-07-11-00:00:00 -c 1040
>

> That would be nice if mythtranscode could do mpeg2.

mythtranscode dumps out a new .nuv of the same name except it has .tmp
added on the end (if i was reading the output of mythmkmovie correctly)
and that .nuv is in whatever format or codec you specify with the -p
profile option... i am assuming the 'Transcode' profile is the default.

>>at least thats how the mythmkmovie program uses it... and it does appear
>>to use the cutlist just fine in mythmkmovie.
>

> mythmkmovie cheats, sort of.  it encodes the movie in chunks, and then
> joins them together.  However, at the moment, this may be the only/best
> way to do things.  I need to look at that code again and see if it can
> be used for svcd.

when mythmkmovie was used with the transcode option enabled i think i
noticed that it only did one segment because the file was already
transcoded using the cutlist (dont forget that checkbox for using the
cutlist during transcoding in the setup program) im not entirely sure
whether it matters or not at this point but i would try it ;-)

i think we miscommunicated a bit... i never meant to say use
mythtranscode to make svcds... i meant that if you use mythtranscode
first to make a new .nuv with the same or whatever settings you want and
then it also cuts out the commercials for you using the cutlist then you
dont need to mess with the -edl stuff that was throwing your audio out
of whack. then take the transcoded .nuv.tmp file and do all those steps
you did to make the svcds... maybe that doesnt work and im wrong about
some of that stuff but thats what i meant to suggest anyway.  :-)

Sean