[mythtv-users] problem using mythtv with xinerama - new behaviour!

Daniel Paessler paessler at gmx.de
Sun Jul 13 13:44:57 EDT 2003

as you may remember, i had (and still have) problems setting up my box
with xinerama. i tried todays cvs and have the following behaviour:

general:
- xinerama is set up using nvidias twinview and works
- i set up two screens, main screen at 1152x864 and tv screen at 800x600
- this works with any program that supports xinerama-extension, except mythtv

this happens:
- when i configure mythtv using xineramascreen 0 (main screen) it starts
  on the upper left corner at a size of 800x600 as expected. good.
- frontend gives me the following at the terminal :
  Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
  Using first Xinerama screen, 1152x864+0+0
- when i start it using xineramascreen 1 (tv screen), the blue background
  appears correctly on the tv, but no button is visible. not good.
- frontend gives me:
  Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
  Using screen 1, 800x600+1152+0

it seems, the background is independent from the buttons and the buttons are
somewhere else, but not on the background...where do i have to look for them?
what could be the problem here? any ideas?

and hey, i really love it, great work!

daniel

--
email: daniel at paessler.org / phone: +49 3722 83884