[mythtv-users] dct2224, lirc and such.

Brent Ellis bellis at matchschool.org
Sun Jul 13 03:31:43 EDT 2003

I have been reading about serial control of the motorola dct2000 series
cable boxes.  I read the pdf from motorola and the rs232 port on the
back of the box is for hdtv or other addons.  However, there is a 3.5mm
rca port on the back of my cable box(dct2224) which according to the
manual from motorola can be used with an optional ir blaster.  It seems
that if one were clever enough they could just manufacture a cable to
connect that port to the serial port on a PC and control it through
lirc.  Does anyone know if this is currently done and how well it works?

-Brent