[mythtv-users] XFree86 4.2.0 extract file "bad"

William Lindner blazing-dragon at charter.net
Sat Jul 12 23:58:25 EDT 2003

well, MythTV is running great and so now I want to watch it on my television through my ATI AIW Rage 128 graphics card's tv/out.  I've looked around and I know that I need to install the devel branch of the ati.2 gatos drivers.  But before I do that I need to install XFree86 v4.2.0.  So I started my system without starting x (I edited the file: /etc/inittab to start at runlevel 3).  Then I used the command: "sh Xinstall.sh" in the directory that I downloaded from the XFree86 ftp mirror.  And when I try this command and I try to install it then it will tell me that the "extract" and the "extract.exe" file do not work and will rename them "extract.bad" and "extract.exe.bad".  so...  maybe this isn't the best place to post this considering it's more concerning XFree86.  Just ask if you need any more expanation.  Thanks in advance.