[mythtv-users] mythtv/xmltv/dutch grabber/mythfilldatabase

Paul de Bruin P.W.deBruin at its.tudelft.nl
Sat Jul 12 21:30:26 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am in the progress of writing yet another xmltv grabber for dutch
television (I know, tv_grab_nl and tv_grab_nl_wolf exist, but this one
is more mythtv aware, uses tvgids.nl, and caches most of the detail
info, see http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/~paul/grabber for screenies).

Anyway, I have a couple of question as to how mythtv handles grabbers:

1) It appears that mythfilldatabase is not aware of programming with the
clumpidx attribute. Is this a feature open for implementation, or is it
intentional?

2) The properties of the grabber are hard-coded in filldata.cpp, this
seems to be a bit restrictive. One could think of a scheme where the
grabber is queried for its possibilities, or even a scheme where the
grabber's capabilities can be selected from the setup menu. Any
thoughts here?

Regards,
Paul