[mythtv-users] Brightness and Contrast continued....

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 12 18:05:59 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 15:45, Will Dormann wrote:
> Since installing MythVideo, I've come to the conclusion that the brightness
> during the recording phase was OK, but it was the *playback* where it was
> off.    After a little research, I found that the SIS driver I'm using
> supports XV options in XF86Config.   So by setting my brightness and
> contrast back to the default values in the database and adding this line to
> my XF86Config, everything seems fine.  MythTV and MythVideo.
>
> Option "XvDefaultBrightness" "65"

That's interesting - I had very similar issues, except everything that I
recorded was way to bright - my XvDefaultBrightness is set to -50 to
correct this.  I didn't notice it much on my monitor (via vga), but it
was VERY noticeable over S-Video.  Composite was just plain hideous, so
I didn't see if it happened there.

I noticed this same issue on both of my sets with S-Video.  Weird.

== Steve