[mythtv-users] Pundit XF86Config??

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 12 12:32:38 EDT 2003

Here's what I'm using in my frontend distribution (comments removed for
clarity)

Section "Device"
  Driver     "sis"
  Identifier "SiS 651"
  VendorName "SiS"
  BoardName  "651"
  Option     "HWcursor"
  Option "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
  Option "XvDefaultBrightness" "-50"
  Option "XvOnCRT2" "FALSE"
  Option "SISTVAntiFlicker" "ADAPTIVE"
EndSection

CHTVOverscan won't do anything on the Pundit (It's got an SiS video
bridge, not the Chrontel).  Try using  TVXPosOffset and TVYPosOffset to
adjust if necessary.

I've seen some weird behavior running at 800x600 and 1024x768 over
S-Video (black bar covering right side of screen after playing video),
it doesn't occur at 640x480.  Since I'm recording at 480x480, this works
fine for me.

XVOnCRT2 is really only useful if you are running multi-headed (mergedFB
or dual-head mode)

Spend some time looking through the docs on Thomas W's site, the options
are all explained in detail.

HTH,

Steve