[mythtv-users] Feature suggestion Away programming

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat Jul 12 00:06:14 EDT 2003

Something to put on the wish list...  Normally I have a
set of common / daily programs I have myth set to record
for me.  Then there are the "I don't want to miss shows".

Problem comes for those of us without tons of disk space
when we leave home for a few days so the file space
would fill up quickly with the daily programming,
pehaps missing the "can't miss" shows.

It would be nice to have the ability to identify shows
as "normal" and "away".  Then when you leave town for a
few days, easily set the "away" flag causing all the
"normal" daily shows to not be recorded, leaving room
for the other "can't miss" shows.  Asit stands now,
I have to unprogram all the daily shows before I leave,
then repropram them when I get back.

An auto delete could also help this problem, but I
think the normal/away flag is more straight forward
and reliable.

Thoughts?
Brian