[mythtv-users] yuvscaler and yuvkineco on myth files?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 11 16:19:34 EDT 2003

more messing with svcd stuff.  I'd like to do inverse telecine type
pulldowns on my recordings from myth, since I don't notice the framerate
drop, and would like the extra data space for video quality.

Anyway, after doing a stream copy:

    mencoder file.nuv -oac copy -ovc copy -o tmp.avi

I have a couple of options for getting this into an mpeg-friendly YUV
file.  basically, I can use a pipe:

    ffmpeg -i tmp.avi -f yuv4mpegpipe - |

or I can use mplayer itself:

    mkfifo stream.yuv
    mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg tmp.avi

(mplayer won't spit to stdout, so you have to use the fifo).

Anyway, when running yuvscaler or yuvkineco, it tells me that I'm using
an unknown fps.  I can force yuvscaler to accept things as ntsc, but
yuvkineco doesn't have such an option (and produces the same error if
run upon yuvscaler's output).  Has anyone messed with this at all?
similar problems?  Any fixes?

-Chris