[mythtv-users] mythmkmovie, myth cutlists, mplayer EDL, etc...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 11 11:05:13 EDT 2003

I'm getting to a point where my nuv->svcd encoding parameters are pretty
workable, and I'd like to start working on using mplayer's EDL to handle
myth's cutlist.

The main problem with this is that the cutlist is per-frame, and the EDL
is per-second (luckily, it supports fractions).  This shouldn't be too
difficult to parse from the NTSC/PAL framerates, but I'd rather
autodetect the framerate from the NUV file, and am open to suggestions
about how to get at this information.  Otherwise, it'll have to be a
user-specified setting.

Once I get this stuff working in my own (non-curses) script, it should
be pretty easy to incorporate into mythmkmovie or anywhere else that
might want the code.

-Chris