[mythtv-users] transcoding...

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Fri Jul 11 06:44:38 EDT 2003

Aike Terjung wrote:

> Am Freitag, 11. Juli 2003 11:11 schrieb mojo:
>
>>the mythencode.pl script even after i fixed it is still producing out of
>>sync audio for me which varies depending on the source recording
>>settings but ultimately boils down to the fact that mencoder is
>>detecting duplicate frames and skipping them causing the audio to be
>>normal but the video (since its missing tons of frames) plays back at an
>>accelerated rate. If you search google for 'mencoder duplicate frame'
>>then you will see some links to the mplayer mailing list which provide
>>some enlightenment on this issue...
>

> have you tried to set the right framerate for mythencode.pl for your Video? I
> had this problem with the added frames the first time i tried to use
> mythencode.pl to. The reason was, that i record PAL Video with 25 fps, and
> mythencode is set to 30 fps normaly. So -fps 25 give me a working avi with
> the sound in sync to the video. Probably you have the same problem?
>
> cu Aike

not likely... i am in the U.S.A. so its all NTSC (29.97 fps) and i have
tried fps 30 and fps 29.97 even.. and doing -oac copy and -ovc copy for
straight mencoder dump to avi... i think i must be setting my recording
resolution or settings too high for my capture card and dropping frames.
can i ask what settings you normally use for your recordings?

by the way, there are errors in that script... even if you tell it to do
a 2 pass encode (the default) it did not perform two passes on my
system... because they use the exec command instead of system. i posted
to the dev group about it, if you want to fix yours. The current script
should work and all but its only performing one pass regardless of what
you tell it.

heres the link:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=70524;search_string=mythencode.pl;guest=777951&t=search_engine#70524

Sean