[mythtv-users] transcoding...

Aike Terjung Aike at terjung.net
Fri Jul 11 13:18:12 EDT 2003

Am Freitag, 11. Juli 2003 11:11 schrieb mojo:
> the mythencode.pl script even after i fixed it is still producing out of
> sync audio for me which varies depending on the source recording
> settings but ultimately boils down to the fact that mencoder is
> detecting duplicate frames and skipping them causing the audio to be
> normal but the video (since its missing tons of frames) plays back at an
> accelerated rate. If you search google for 'mencoder duplicate frame'
> then you will see some links to the mplayer mailing list which provide
> some enlightenment on this issue...

have you tried to set the right framerate for mythencode.pl for your Video? I
had this problem with the added frames the first time i tried to use
mythencode.pl to. The reason was, that i record PAL Video with 25 fps, and
mythencode is set to 30 fps normaly. So -fps 25 give me a working avi with
the sound in sync to the video. Probably you have the same problem?

cu Aike