[mythtv-users] Matrox G400 Dual/Head TV-Out

William Preston bpreston at networkusa.net
Thu Jul 10 12:02:00 EDT 2003

> I got my G400 TV-out working using the framebuffer method (official
drivers will turn macrovision on and limit you to 640x480, so I've read),
but I will say that I honestly don't think it's worth it and am currently in
the market for another card myself.  There are a couple problems with TV out
on the G400, even if you get it running:

My feelings about the card are about the same.  I had to monkey with fbset
for a while to get a centered picture, but most of my time was spent
monkeying with the colors for the TV/Out on the card.  They're _really_ off
by default for me, and I still haven't managed to get an acceptable image
out of the second head.  The first head, attached to a monitor, seems to be
fine.

Unless the Nvidia cards with TV/Out 'just work', meaning it's simple to get
the TV/Out centered and with proper colors, I'm of the opinion that getting
a scan converter (though it'll put you back $50+) is worth it.