[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Change to Program Being Recorded

Jason James jason_james_97 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 07:26:40 EDT 2003

My wife and young son are the main users of MythTV at
my house, so I hear about it when things go wrong.
"Daddy, have you been messing with the computer
again?" is a common refrain in my house, and it's
usually not MythTV's fault. Usually, MythTV performs
great and everyone is happy.

However, one MythTV issue that comes up is when it is
recording something and they want to watch TV. Myth
displays a window saying that something is already
being recorded.

I believe it would be much simpler for users if
instead at this point, Myth says the name of the show
being recorded and asks the user if they would like to
watch this program, cancel recording this program, or
watch an already recorded program (which switches to
the Watch Recordings page).

./jj