[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2

Lee Nash lee at compucrew.com
Thu Jul 10 02:59:04 EDT 2003

Quoting Shawn Edwards <sedwards at theedwards.org>:

> I've written nasty things about this board in the past, but I've been
> working with it, and I've had several people from the list ask me for
> updates about my experiences.  Rather than try to find all of the old
> messages, I thought I'd respond to the list.
>
> I now, thanks to linux kernel v2.4.21, the nvidia X drivers and alsa
> 9.4, have working onboard video, working onboard networking and working
> onboard sound.  No chipmunk sound, no crashing network modules.
>
> Now that I have those issues worked out, I have to say this is a nice
> board.  I'm happy with the purchase, and I recommend it to anyone who is
> looking for a micro-ATX athlon box.

I just recently purchased this board and have so far had no problems getting
the onboard gadgets to work.  The only kink during my gentoo install was
that I needed to use a 3com nic, since the onboard nic needed nvidia's
driver.

The board works really well in the Cooler Master 620 microATX case.

Now if I could only find the SPDIF connector.....

-lee