[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase with multiple providers - How?

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Wed Jul 9 14:09:11 EDT 2003

Ok, new question.

More complex this time.  I have a Dish Network satellite box that I'm
piping to my WinTv card via SVIDEO.  I also have an external antenna/cable
input that I'm piping to the WinTv card on the RF connector.

How to setup Myth to use the SVIDEO connection for any E* programming I
select
in the guide, or Over the Air programming if I select that?

To do this, I imagine I would need to:

1.  Add a second provider to the mythfilldatabase routine
2.  Change the ./setup file somehow so that it captures on both svideo and
changes the channels to a different channel if OTA recording is requested.

Will myth change channels automatically on the tuner card?  Seems obvious,
but dunno.

Will Myth understand to send the IR command to the E* box ONLY for E*
programming?

Has anyone out there done anything this complex?

Eventually, I'd like to setup a second E* box with a second bttv tuner, and
do this for
both at once, including changing respective channels of each E* box as
required.  But
that's another day.

TIA,
Mark