[mythtv-users] MythTV in Gentoo portage.

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jul 9 03:36:37 EDT 2003

Max Kalika wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> For those Gentoo users eagerly awaiting the inclusion of MythTV (and xmltv
> and all the myth modules) there's good news.  Myth* is finally in portage.
> Only the latest stable (0.10) mythtv and the known working xmltv (0.5.14)
> are in there however.  For those who want more cutting edge, you can still
> grab ebuilds for xmltv 0.5.15 and the myth* cvs from my CVS tree.  I think
> the link was posted on this list previously (I just signed up myself).  I
> think the plan is for me to maintain these things in official portage so if
> you find any problems, please yell at me.

woohoo!! i'm gonna "emerge sync" right now!

didnt you also write an ebuild for the nuppelvideo patched mplayer too?
or was that someone else?  ahh no that was someone else on this list but
unfortunately it was an older release of mplayer

oh and btw, i did post your cvs info earlier you can see the thread if
you search the forum archives for 'ebuilds' or something...

and whomever takes care of the myth documentation should update the docs
and webpage to indicate the new gentoo install procedures:
$ emerge xmltv
$ emerge mythtv
$ emerge mythweather
and so on...

as long as they use emerge the whole QTDIR thing is a non-issue.
all the perl dependencies like Date::Manip, etc. will be pulled down
when they emerge xmltv i believe...
they should note that mysql.txt is in /etc/mythtv/
(/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt is just a symlink to it) and
/etc/conf.d/mythbackend file should be checked to make sure the values
dont require editing.

thanks Max!
Sean