[mythtv-users] transcoding...

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Tue Jul 8 20:50:20 EDT 2003

ok i think i am retarded or something (no response on that necessary)...
i cant seem to figure out this transcoding thing... i have it set to use
the cutlist because i like to double-check and sometimes re-edit the
commercial flag cut points... i do that then hit 'm' to get out of the
cutlist editing mode and while watching i hit 'x' (like it says in
keys.txt) and the blue box comes up in the upper right saying "Trancode"
then fades away... but nothing happens to the file... umm if i
understand this right the file should get transcoded into the format i
specified in transcoding profile in the record settings.  myth is not
busy doing anything else at this point (recording or watching livetv)
and simultaneous transcoders is set to 1 in the options... so... what am
i missing?

my original recordings are mpeg4 2200, vhq, v4mv, 32000kbps mp3 audio @
640x480... my transcoding profile is mpeg4, vhq, v4mv, 1000kbps @
320x240... im just trying to transcode them down to a smaller size so i
only need to do: "mencoder -idx -oac copy -ovc copy -vop lavcdeint -o
outfile.avi" or whatever (havent completely worked out if thats the
right line yet) to dump them to avi so i can share em with my windows
friends.

must my original recordings be rtjpeg for it to work? ive got one that
is and it does the same thing i think...

thanks,
a confused Sean