[mythtv-users] RE:FW: Questions about MythMusic & MythVideo Future Development

Keat Lim mythtv at keatlim.com
Tue Jul 8 16:31:38 EDT 2003

I was using MythVideo and noticed that List Videos rely on the populated
database. That also means it needs to do an initial catalog first to fill
the videometadata table.

Could there be a setting that you could check that would bypass any
database query at all and use List Videos as sort of a file explorer and
not query the database at all?

Why I say this is that I do not expect to catalog any movies (like the
user below) and my mount point is based on several Windows shares that I
smbmount to attach. Sometimes not all of them are available (both the
machines and the contents within the shares because they get
deleted/added) therefore cataloging is just not the way to go.

Is this a feature that seems logical?

-keat