[mythtv-users] Installing PVR250 on Mandrake 9.1

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Tue Jul 8 02:12:10 EDT 2003

> I just got a Hauppauge PVR250 and I am trying to install it on Mandrake 9.1.  I found the documentation on the MythTV.org site to install
> it.  Everything goes well up to the point where I compile the driver.  I get I2C not found errors.  I continued as it said it was using a work
> around and got to the point where "Next, copy the files that were compiled in the driver directory into the appropriate modules directory:".
> What is the appropriate modules directory?  Do I need to worry about the I2C errors?

If the error you're talking about is "Using temporary hack for missing I2C
driver-ID", then that's just a warning, and you can ignore it.  The driver
still works.

As for copying into the proper directory, you should just be able to do a
"make install" from the driver directory and it will copy the modules into
the right place on Mandrake 9.1.

(For the record, on a stock Mandrake 9.1 system, the correct directory is
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video).