[mythtv-users] MythTV frontend/backend same box & OSS Audio

hayward at slothmud.org hayward at slothmud.org
Mon Jul 7 22:30:30 EDT 2003

Do the ALSA drivers allow multiple processes to open /dev/dsp at the same
time?  I know that the SB Live OSS Driver allows this, but not all OSS
drivers do.  (I'm using the integrated AUDIO on my motherboard).

I'm trying to run mythfrontend & mythbackend on the same server.  When I
try to Watch TV from within mythfrontend, I get "Cannot open /dev/dsp".
This certainly must be the cause of my problem, right?

Thanks,
Brian Hayward