[mythtv-users] GeForce4 MX440se

Nathan Poznick poznick at conwaycorp.net
Mon Jul 7 15:01:15 EDT 2003

Thus spake Ray Olszewski:
> Why does one need to "watch out" for this? Gaming uses of these cards often
> demand lots of on-board memory, but does full-motion video do so? I don't
> believe so. I've found cards with as little as 8 MB of RAM capable of
> displaying DivX and Myth captures just fine (as least as regards memory ...
> these cards sometimes have XV or TV-out issues ... though the nvidia ones
> seem never to).

Agreed... in fact, one of the most solid video cards I've ever owned was a
Matrox G400 32mb card.  I'd still have it, except that I gave it to a
friend experiencing some financial difficulties who had a video card
die.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net>

I have discovered the art of deceiving diplomats. I speak the truth,
and they never believe me. - Camillo di Cavour