[mythtv-users] GeForce4 MX440se

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 12:32:38 EDT 2003

--- James Brent Michalski <brent at perlguy.net> wrote:
> Wow, I didn't realize that so many different manufacturers made a
> "GeForce4 MX440se" card!
>
> Does it matter video quality-wise, etc. if I get the PCI version rather
> than the AGP version?  My local BustBuy has one of these PCI cards
> in-stock that has the composite, s-video, and vga out on it...
>
> I don't want to end up buying one of these things if it is not going to
> give me great results...
>
> Thanks,
> Brent
I have the PCI version of that card as the system it is in was a home
file-server originally.  I've been nothing but happy with the results of that
card and nVidia's drivers.  The one short coming is the inability to set x and
y over-scan independently and shift the picture around but myth fixes that up
just dandy.

I was originally using the S-Video output but now the composite as the signal
is split, one to the living room entertainment center (just outside the closet
from the computer) and the other signal to an RF-Modulator that takes a trip up
stairs and to the guest bedroom.  Works great with an RF remote for the
computer.  All in all, I'd say you have nothing to fear of the PCI version.
Michael