[mythtv-users] GeForce4 MX440se

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 7 20:29:06 EDT 2003

At 13:10 07/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Wow, I didn't realize that so many different manufacturers made a
>"GeForce4 MX440se" card!
>
>Does it matter video quality-wise, etc. if I get the PCI version rather
>than the AGP version?  My local BustBuy has one of these PCI cards
>in-stock that has the composite, s-video, and vga out on it...
>
>I don't want to end up buying one of these things if it is not going to
>give me great results...
>
>Thanks,
>Brent

Nvidia make the chip and a reference design for the board and oem
manufacturers actually make and sell the boards themselves.

If you have an AGP slot, get the AGP version. AGP is just faster than PCI.

Watch out for the amount of memory on board too. I find that most "cheapo"
oem cards have just put 32/64mb on-board, rather than 128mb.

--

Neil Trodden