[mythtv-users] Running Myth on seperate Backend and Frontends

Nathan Poznick poznick at conwaycorp.net
Mon Jul 7 02:14:35 EDT 2003

Thus spake Tyler Drake:
> In addition, what needs to go where? (i.e. Recording Hard Drive in backend
> or frontends? Music HD in backend/frontends?...etc)

All the recording takes place on backend machines.  Frontends can
generally be thought of as glorified dumb terminals.  You'd want all
serious storage on the backend side of things, however things like
music storage could really be anywhere.  (I NFS mount my music partition
from another machine).

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net>

I lost a button hole today. Where am I gonna find another one? -Stephen
Wright