[mythtv-users] Some thoughts on using LiRC to control and recieve at the same time...

Blaise St-Laurent blaise at geeky.net
Sat Jul 5 21:14:28 EDT 2003

I've read on this list and on the Lirc list that there's been some work
to hack lirc to be able to use an IR reciever to control myth, and also
use a IR transmitter to send signals to a dish, but i haven't seen any
details on a successful implementation.

I was just going to throw an idea out, to see if anyone's already tried
it: Has anyone tried to run a second copy of lirc in a chrooted jail?
seams like the easiest way to get two versions of the system running at
once. It'd probably have to be the lirc_serial instance in the jail, as
i don't believe it requires any modules to be loaded into the kernel.

Anyone have any other insight into how to configure lirc for both
functions at once? I'm loath to buy a wireless keyboard for my mythtv
station (and i'm not sure i can find one whose protocol could be learned
by my pronto remote :( )

Thoughts?