[mythtv-users] High load average

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jul 5 23:16:18 EDT 2003

I'm running the latest MythTV on an Athlon XP2100+ with a Hauppauge
WinTV/PCI card (bttv848).  When Myth is recording video in full resolution
(768x576 at 2200Kbps) I have in the order of 50% free CPU time, but the
load average is sitting around 3.  Generally the recording is good
although there are a few dropped frames.

Does anyone know what could be causing the high load average even though
there's loads of CPU time?  Originally I suspected the hard drive
settings, but it is set to DMA mode so this shouldn't be the problem.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***